BE PART OF THE FAMILY
We are always looking to add skilled, passionate, and dedicated people to our team! We invite you to come and explore career opportunities with one of Western Canada's fastest growing restaurant groups. If you don't see a posting for the position you are looking for please send your resume and cover letter to our HR department.
FRONT OF HOUSE
We are always growing and looking for extraordinary people to add to our team. Our FOH team members work hard and are passionate about what they do – constantly striving to deliver exceptional service and a memorable experience. We’d love for you to join us!
We are currently seeking Restaurant Managers for our diversified locations. The successful candidate must have a positive 'can do' attitude, a strong desire to satisfy guest needs and the ability to provide exceptional service.
Manage the restaurant within the policies and procedures of Glowbal Restaurant Group to ensure guest satisfaction and profit maximization, with operational and financial responsibility. Directly perform hands-on work in managing full service restaurant operations on an ongoing basis, and respond to customer service needs accordingly. Role model appropriate behaviors in the restaurant and provide overall leadership; recognize and motivate members of the team; coach and train the team towards individual success and operational excellence.
- Ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve challenging goals
- 'Hands-on' management style
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Commitment to exceeding guest expectations
- Technically competent with industry related forms of computer and electronic commerce
- 3- 4 years minimum experience - management level in restaurant industry
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Sound problem solving abilities
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to set priorities for self and others
Restaurant Sales Event Manager
We are currently seeking an ambitious Restaurant Sales Event Manager for our Glowbal location on West Georgia Street. The successful candidate must have a positive 'can do' attitude, a passion for generating and driving sales and a solid network of potential clients in the Vancouver area.
Develop, implement and monitor sales with existing business and execute strategies to cultivate new business. Proactively sell and service both national and local accounts. Oversee daily sales functions and their successful completion, including but not limited to, developing sales contacts, timely proposal development, menu negotiations, profitability analysis, contract negotiations, deposit collection, appropriate event supervision, post event follow up, and re-bookings. Follow up on accounts receivable collections to ensure timely payment in accordance with Glowbal Restaurant Group policies. Monitor custom tailored menus for their profitability, as well as reviewing standard large group menus on an annual basis to ensure profitability. Lead or participate in site tours, site selections, and sales meetings, outside sales functions, sales blitzes, community involvement groups and various functions hosted by the client or potential clients. Contribute to daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or requisite experience in hospitality, hotel/restaurant management
- Minimum 3 years experience in a sales capacity for a hotel, restaurant or catering operation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and internet searches
- Working knowledge of Micros and Open Table an asset
- Strong food, wine and hospitality knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of sales forecasting and financial reporting
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills as well as, pedantic attention to detail
- Proactive and skilled in the “art of cold calling”
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service
- Strong knowledge of and an extensive contact list within the community
DON'T SEE THE POSITION YOU WANTED?
Sign up below to receive notifications when Front of House openings are posted or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
BACK OF HOUSE
Break culinary boundaries and expand your talents. Be trained by the best of the best. Our talented BOH team members are hard working and passionate people who create award winning dishes that guests return again and again for. Come and be a part of it!
We are currently seeking a Sous Chef for our diversified locations.
Oversee all kitchen staff training, food preparation, product quality and cooking execution to ensure an optimal guest experience. Recruit staff, supervise their activities and instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food.
- Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship, red seal and/or journeyman certificate
- FOODSAFE certified
- 3 yrs minimum experience -- management level in restaurant industry
- Must have a passion for the business, a love for food, as well as the desire to engage and impact guests
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to work all stations in kitchen effectively
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Good oral/written communication skills
- Basic business math and accounting skills
- Basic personal computer literacy
- Ability to teach, coach, mentor and motivate staff
- Ability to adapt and flex to last minute requests and sudden changes / good decision making skills
- Capacity to excel in high pressure environments
We are seeking cooks for our diversified locations! The opportunity to grow and learn new skills in this position is excellent.
Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and features, in accordance with appropriate safe food handling standards and plating guide specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
- Food Safe Certification an asset
- Registration in an apprenticeship program is an asset or Red Seal certified
- 3 years minimum experience in a similar environment
- Must possess a passion for food and developing knowledge of all cooking methods
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through
- A clear thinker, with the aptitude to remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment
- Capacity to work well under pressure, meeting production schedules and timelines for service periods
- Able to work until 2am some evening
DON'T SEE THE POSITION YOU WANTED?
Sign up below to receive notifications when Back of House openings are posted or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The GRG Corporate Office is located in Vancouver's historic Gastown.
No positions available at the time
DON'T SEE THE POSITION YOU WANTED?
Sign up below to receive notifications when Corporate openings are posted or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.